PEOPLES REGULAR BAPTIST CHURCH ARTICLES OF FAITH
The Bible (in the original languages thereof) to be both verbally and plenarily inspired of God; that it is the complete and final revelation of God’s will to man, and that it is our only authority in matters of faith and practice.
The Scriptures reveal that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit; equal in every divine perfection, and executing distinct but harmonious offices in the great works of Creation and Redemption.
In the deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His blood atonement in substitutionary death on the cross for our sins, His physical resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of God where He ever liveth to make intercession for us, and His personal, bodily, visible, imminent, pre-tribulational and pre-millennial return.
That God, by a special and direct act, created man in His own image and not by any evolutionary process.
The Scriptural record of the fall of man into sin, and in the total depravity of all mankind, therefore in the necessity of regeneration through the Holy Spirit evidenced by repentance from sin and faith in Christ.
Salvation to be by grace through faith, wholly apart from human merit; that every individual is a sinner by birth and by choice, and therefore must exercise personal faith in the Person and Work of Christ in order to be saved.
In the eternal security of the believer.
In the reality and personality of the Devil.
In the resurrection of the saved and the lost.
In Heaven as a place of eternal bliss for the saved, and in Hell as a place of eternal damnation for the lost.
That a New Testament church is an organized body of baptized, independent, serlf-governing believers, practicing the scriptural ordinances and actively engaged in fulfilling the Great Commission.
That Baptism is a scriptural ordinance requireing immersion of believers only, and is to administered by the local church.
That the Lord’s Supper, as a scriptural ordinance of the church, is a memorial service only to be partaken of by obedient christians.
In the New Testament principle of personal and ecclesiastical separation.
That the healing and tongue movements are unscriptural and contrary to sound doctrine and that those who practice such are in error.
PEOPLES REGULAR BAPTIST CHURCH COVENANT
In the presence of God and of men, reverencing God as Father, confessing Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, and relying on the help of the Holy Spirit, we joyfully and solemnly covenant with each other
* Habitually observe secret prayer- Matthew 6:6-15
* Devoutly study the scriptures and teach them to our children- Deuteronomy 6:6-9
* Actively seek to lead others to Jesus Christ- John 4
* Consistently live soberly, righteously and godly in the present world, abstaining from whatever is unbecoming the Christian profession- Titus 2:11-14
* Quickly unite with some other church of like faith and practice when we remove from this vicinity- Hebrews 10:23-25
* Compassionately aid as we are able in sending the Gospel to the whole world- Matthew 28:18-20
* Charitably walk together in brotherly love- Ephesians 4
* Obediently aid as God shall prosper us in supporting a faithful Christian ministry- II Corinthians 9
* Heartily sustain the work, worship, and fellowship of the church- Romans 12:1-8
* Faithfully observe the ordinances of Believer’s Baptism and the LORD’S Supper- I Corinthians 11:17-34 and Matthew 3:13-16