The month of March is one that many look forward to. For us here in the northeast, we have been going through the coldest days of the season of winter. While some of you may enjoy feeling the chilly air as you race down the side of a snow crusted hill or perhaps spending a few hours of skating on an icy pond; there are those that wait without patience for the first signs of springtime. Appearing out of the brown colored ground sprout green shoots of color that will become a lush lawn for you to play on, a flower to give to your mom or a tasty vegetable to eat with your meal. It is amazing to see life appear from what seems to be a lifeless earth. God gave us this wonderful picture to remind us of how only He can bring life after death.
In April, we will celebrate Easter or “Resurrection” Sunday. This is the day we set aside to remember when Jesus came back to life after dying on the cross for our sins and being in the grave for three days. The Bible tells us that Jesus still lives today in Heaven and wants us to live there with Him someday when we die. Jesus said, “I am the resurrection and the life; he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: and whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this”? What an awesome Easter gift, God gave us! It is the gift of hope for today and a life together with Him that will never end. Won’t you trust in His resurrection promise for you today? It will be a March you will never forget!
Activity: Fill in the blanks – The word “resurrection” is found 40 times in the New Testament. Here are 10 verses that you can look up and read what God teaches us about it:
- Luke 20:36 – Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the ______________ of God, being the children of the resurrection.
- John 11:24 – Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall __________ __________ in the resurrection at the last day.
- John 11:25 – Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the __________: he that believeth in me, though he were __________, yet shall he live:
- Acts 4:33 – And with great power gave the apostles ____________ of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great __________ was upon them all.
- Acts 24:15 – And have __________ toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.
- Romans 1:4 – And declared to be the Son of God with __________, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:
- Romans 6:5 – For if we have been __________ together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
- 1 Corinthians 15:21 – For since by man came __________, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
- Philippians 3:10 – That I may __________ him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
- 1 Peter 1:3 – Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant __________ hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
Answers: 1. children; 2. rise again; 3. life / dead; 4. witness / grace; 5. hope; 6. power; 7. planted; 8. death; 9. know; 10. mercy